Monday kicks off this year’s Children’s Book Week, May 12 to 18, 2014.
“Children’s Book Week is the annual celebration of books for young people and the joy of reading. Established in 1919, Children’s Book Week is the longest-running national literacy initiative in the country. Every year, commemorative events are held nationwide at schools, libraries, bookstores, homes — wherever young readers and books connect! Children’s Book Week is administered by Every Child a Reader, a 501(c)(3) literacy organization dedicated to instilling a lifelong love of reading in children. The Children’s Book Council, the national non-profit trade association for children’s book publishers, is an anchor sponsor.”
In conjunction with the Children’s Book Week Giveaway Hop 2014, hosted by Youth Literature Reviews and Mother Daughter [and Son] Book Reviews, Kid Lit Reviews is once again celebrating children’s books and the reading of children’s books. The Children’s Book Week Giveaway Hop 2014, features links to giveaways for fabulous children/teen’s books, gift cards, cash, and other prizes. What better way to celebrate Children’s Book Week? Enter for these prizes using the linky at the end of this post. It can also be found on both host sites.
Just like last year, KLR has some terrific giveaways, one for each day, but you don’t have to wait to find out what they are.
- From FarFaria – A 3-month subscription to this online library of children’s books.
- From Scarletta Kids: The Monster Needs His Sleep by Paul Czajak, illustrated by Wendy Grieb
- From Melissa Productions, Inc.: Josh and the Gumshoe News Crew: The Super-Secret by Melissa Perry Moraja
- From Chronicle Books: Lately Lily, the Adventures of a Traveling Girl by Micah Player
- From Capstone Books: Lost Little Penguin by Tracey Corderoy OR Bear’s Big Bottom by Steve Smallman
- From Scarletta Junior Readers: The Shark Whisperer by Dr. Ellen Prager, illustrations by Antonio Javier Caparo
How do You Win a Prize?
Each day a Rafflecopter Entry System will be on the post. There you can “earn” entries by following the directions at each level. Some levels will be worth more entries than others will. A few entries will be daily, while others are a one-time deal. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received by Sunday, May 18, at midnight EST. Only one prize per entrant.
Each day, an additional entry can earn by leaving a comment below that day’s post. All comments must be posted by Sunday the 18th at midnight, EST to count as an entry. See below for Special Entries. Only one comment per post equals an entry, but additional comments are always welcome.
*** Special Entries ***
For every Children’s Book Week Giveaway Hop 2014 blog site you visit and comment on, you will also earn you one entry per day. In the comment area below the KLR post of that day, leave the website name and the Blog Hop # for verification. This is a MUST! (this does not count as an entry comment on KLR). Sites and numbers can be found at:
Youth Literature Reviews: http://youthlitreviews.com and Mother Daughter & Son Book Reviews http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com, or use the Linky Tool: Click here to view the complete list of participating bloggers and authors.
Children’s Book Week is more than our Giveaway Hop. That is our way of expressing our interest in kid’s books, our desire that every child learn to read and enjoy reading, and our gratitude to be involved as authors, illustrators, reviewers, readers, and parents. To help the Hop have a great week, please tweet about it and your activities for Children’s Book Week using the hashtag #KidLitGH
- Open only to those living in the United States.
- Kids may enter but if they win, a parent or guardian must accept the prize.
- Winners will be notified by email and have 48 hours to verify their information.
- Unclaimed prizes will be re-drawn from non-winning entries until a winner is established.
Complete Terms and Conditions click HERE.